When you want to host your website with a hosting proivder, one of the first choices you’ll need to make is whether to go with a dedicated server or shared hosting.
You will make the decision based on these criteria:
1) Big Websites Fit – Does this hosting option fit a big website, with a large volume of traffic?
2) Control – How much control do you have over the server?
3) Cost – How expensive is each of the options?
4) IP Address Issues – Will your website have its own IP address?
5) Performance Implications – What type of performance can you expect to get from the hosting? What can affect this performance?
6) Security – What are the security implications of going this way or the other?
7) Small Websites Fit – Does this hosting option fit a small, low-to-average traffic website with no special needs (e.g. a blog).